Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A gem

Saw this amazing video on another blog today.

This video was created by a FAN of the song - it's not even the official video. But I've watched it several times already, I'm mesmerized.

Two Weeks - Grizzly Bear from Gabe Askew on Vimeo.



At first, as stunning as the visuals of the video are, it was kind of hard for me to relate to a song about two guys. Then I went to the creator's website and read a bit about the video from the his point of view:
"Even though the song involves two guys, I really tried to connect their relationship to the relationship with my wife. The theme of fighting to keep a relationship together is universal."
"For me the song is about insecurities in a relationship that can bubble up. Then having to soldier through your hurt feelings and let the other person know you'll be there no matter what."

That seems really true to me. Relationships go through rough patches, and it's important to make sure each of you knows that you're committed to staying, so you can work whatever it is out.

No comments: