Thursday, March 8, 2012

30 days of Book Discussion: Day 28

Favorite Title(s)

I think "The Way of Kings" is one of the coolest titles ever.  Don't you just want to read that?  I mean, before you find out that it's 1000 pages long?  I want to know what the way of kings is!  Then I can be like kings... and their ways....

Other titles...
Some food-related ones we were discussing at work today:
"The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake" and
"The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie"

More:
"5 Very Good Reasons to Punch a Dolphin in the Mouth"
"I Was Told There'd Be Cake"
"Cry, the Beloved Country"
"Their Eyes Were Watching God"
"Ella Minnow Pea"
"I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"

That last one is a particular favorite.  I could keep going.  In fact, I've erased a bunch because I didn't want it to get too long.  So how about you, any titles you adore?

2 comments:

amy jo said...

I thought Mindy Kaling's books title "Is Everyone Hanging Out without me? and other concerns" made me want to read it. Her alternate titles always had been laughing out loud a ton.
I think The Grapes of Wrath and The SOund and The Fury.. books like that.. overly dramatic titles intrigue me.

Breanne said...

I thought about Mindy Kaling, too, those are good ones. I also just remembered Atlas Shrugged which is an amazing title!