Sunday, May 4, 2008

I missed it...



I meant to videotape the rollover to 200,000 miles. Unfortunately, I was 36 miles late. The rollover happened sometime on my way to work Friday morning (May 2, 2008). I bought the car when it had 110,000 miles. So, 90,000 miles later, where has my car taken me?

We've been together for 7 years. I bought him in high school, senior year. Since then, that car has seen first kisses, parking lot doughnuts, many heart-to-hearts, wedding days, oceans, mountain tops, college graduations (and many classes), the homes I grew up in, best friends, a new engine, cliff top hydroplanes, new babies, goodbyes, four homes (and not one garage), Christmas trees sticking out of the window, and many trips to nowhere in particular.

I guess it takes a momentous occasion for you to look back and think about what something has meant to you. That car has been function, facilitation, and most important, freedom.

No comments: