Monday, June 2, 2008

Tagged

Lauren tagged me, so I have to think of six random things about myself.
Here we go:

1. I can't use pencils. I will search for an hour for a pen before I will use pencil, and if I can't find one, I'll do anything I can to use a mechanical before I'll use a wooden pencil. If I am forced to use a wooden pencil, my lips will be curled around my teeth the entire time, because the sound makes my teeth hurt. It's the dry brittle graphite scratching across dry paper, it drives me insane.
Also: I am moments away from leaving a room as soon as someone starts to write on a chalkboard in chalk. It's the same problem. If you look at me in these moments, my lips will be curled around my teeth.

2. I love sci-fi. Star Wars, Star Trek, futuristic/apocalyptic movies, I love it all. I think the thing I like the most about sci-fi is seeing how society is portrayed working in and as a result of technology (or whatever chaos has befallen Earth). Gattaca, V for Vendetta, I am Legend, The Invasion, all hold me rapt with attention.


3. I play computer games.
I am a level 70 Tauren Druid in World of Warcraft, and I get excited when I get a new helm or piece of armor (not just for the fashion). My character is a shape-shifter, she can become a bear, a lion, a seal, a cheetah, a bird, and a giant owl-bear, which makes her pretty versatile. She can also cast spells. She enjoys long walks on the beach and moonspamming (for you fellow WoWers).
It's out: now you all know how dorky I am.



One of my favorite things she can do is called Hurricane. She can basically summon a lightning storm right over the heads of those creepy looking spiders.






4. I live in a basement apartment but I have a view of Utah lake from my windows.

5. If I had all the money I'd ever need, I would open up an art gallery that exclusively showed art from recent graduates of art programs, so that they could have a venue for showing (and selling) their work and getting noticed. I would love to travel to universities and scout for new artists. The first person I would show the work of is Rachel Mary Smith.

6. I am entirely too honest with people. I tell them about embarrassing/shameful things I've done with hardly any hesitation. I try to make sure that I'm still tactful, but if someone asks me a direct question about a sensitive subject, 90% of the time I tell them.

1 comment:

Hugs from mom said...

Thanks Bre, I loved it! I actually didn't know all those things about you. What kind of sister does that make me?

I'll try to remember to never offer you a pencil. :)