Sunday, January 25, 2009

21 days to make a habit

I heard recently that it takes 21 days of doing something for it to become a habit. Seems reasonable. So I thought, "If I picked one goal and did it everyday for 21 days, maybe when I'm done I'll keep going because it'll be a habit by then."

So guess what I picked for my first goal?


That's right. Maya!
(original post here)

I'm on day three. I'm shooting for at least 15 minutes every day, but today I did a half hour. And it was so fun that I'm even thinking about doing another 15 minutes right now... hold back... don't want to overdo it...
Really, it's fun. And today I became a "bronze member" which basically means I unlocked a new workout area and music choice! But the cool thing about today was that I finally got past "Omg, I think my arms may fall off" to the point where my stamina kicked in and that warm glow goes up and down your limbs and you think, "Omg, I could keep going." Plus, I'm hurting in all sorts of muscles I didn't even know I had! It's not so bad, whenever I move and a muscle hurts, I feel proud of myself.

...Another 15 minutes won't hurt. (much?) [tosses laptop aside]

2 comments:

Jacque said...

Good job!

Barney Family said...

No!!! Stop right now!!! You know that thing gives you kidney stones!!! You were perfectly fine before you started this fitness craze!! I'm warning you!!!