Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Quotables

Our circulation department is backed up at the library, so yesterday I was helping out by putting some videos away on the shelves for them. I was in the VHS section, and behind me was the DVD section. I heard the conversation of a couple right behind me.

The guy said in a quiet, complaining voice:
"But I've never seen it before. And it looks stupid."

Then the girl said in a low voice:
"'It's not a toomah.'"

And then the guy sighed and said:
"Fine."


I think it's hilarious that she didn't even answer him. She just started quoting the movie (we must assume it was Kindergarden Cop), and probably held it between her two index fingers and danced it back and forth in front of him as she said it. Classic.

1 comment:

Barney Family said...

Oh my gosh, are you some sort of savant (notice how I kept myself from saying 'idiot savant'?)? Wow. How in the world did you recognize "it's not a toomah?" I am amazed. AND THEN, found us the video footage just as supporting evidence. Are you sure you don't have too much time on your hands?