Tuesday, December 6, 2011

30 Days of Book Discussion: Day 12

A book you used to love but don't anymore

This is a hard one.  Well, there are a lot of books that I really liked when I read them, like The Inferno by Dante, and now I'm kind of -meh- about them.  There are books that I enjoyed reading and now I enjoy the movie a lot more, like Jane Eyre.  There are books that I liked, but then after hearing a LOT of criticism from others I sort of changed my mind about them, like Twilight.

Okay, here's one.  When I was young I read a lot of James Herriot books, you know, he's the country vet with all the cute stories?  I ate that stuff up.  But I can't really imagine myself reading cute animal stories these days.  Or - can I?  Now I have to go find the book and see if I'm still disinterested.

Talk to you later.

P.S. - what about you?  Do you have an easier time than I do thinking of something you used to love but don't anymore?

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Did you re-read it? I think the appeal of Herriot's work is not cute animal stories (frankly, a lot of it is NOT cute) but the mix of other-worlliness and humanity that is recognizable to all. Because what he does is not commonplace for most of us, but the characters, relationships and struggles we all know.