Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Ever feel like you're being watched?


At work the other day, I caught sight of this little guy looking at me from between the pen holder and the phone. And it was the most wonderful serendipitous little moment. Not just because I love Star Wars and most-things-sci-fi. But how likely is it that at any given time of the day, a little lego guy is watching you? Some librarian found this guy, and set him there, and positioned him to be looking at whoever's in the seat.

Someone once said, "God is in the details." How can you not feel that these serendipitous little moments were arranged to get a smile out of you when a moment before you wanted to pull your hair out?




(By the way, Ludwig Mies van der Rohe said, "God is in the details." But that awful German name just really got in the way of the rhythm. Cecily in The Importance of Being Earnest said, "...I don't like German. It isn't at all a becoming language. I know perfectly well that I look quite plain after my German lesson.")

1 comment:

Ryan said...

That little guy would make my day, too.