Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Weekly Music Crush

Driving home tonight, a song came on my radio that I really liked.

I have a theory that alternative rock songs (my most preferred genre), don't always have the best/most understandable/easily deciphered lyrics. And my theory further postulates that country music (probably my least preferred genre, with a few notable exceptions) has really great/easily understood/very meaningful lyrics.

So I heard this song and I thought, "Holy Cow. It's an alternative song with great meaningful lyrics that I can understand." The perfect fusion. A shining example...

I got home and googled it, and it's by... Miley Cyrus! Gah! I wasn't expecting that. And listening to it again... it's not quite completely alternative... okay it's kinda country. But I've thought about it a lot and - I still like it.

I guess it's like brand-spankin'-new. I can't even buy it on iTunes yet; the album is coming out on March 24th. And it was dang hard to find a bootlegged version to share with you guys. The best I could do is this ripped-off version with advertisements (creepy voice man says "1075 the river" scattered throughout) But it's this week's music crush.

(Rss Feeders, you'll have to visit to view this:)

3 comments:

Hugs from mom said...

I was surprised when I heard this song too. I was pleasantly surprised. I've been thinking about buying it for Cameron.

Barney Family said...

Hah, One song that I knew before you--you just need to watch the Disney channel a bit more!!

Jacque said...

Ha ha ha, hearing that radio announcement throughout made me laugh so hard. Nice song.