Thursday, March 26, 2009

I think I'm in love


So did you hear? Jimmy Fallon is taking over late night for Conan, and Conan is taking over the tonight show for Jay Leno (June 1st). So I've watched Jimmy for the last couple of nights. He starts the show like usual, with a little stand-up routine. And it's pretty... awkward. The jokes fall short, the audience is pretty quiet, and there are long pauses where I'm not sure if the teleprompter isn't keeping up or if Jimmy just can't remember the next joke..... Wait. What was that? Jimmy Fallon just smiled. Are those dimples?
...I can't remember what I was talking about. Uh, like I was saying, great show!

Ok, so the opening stand up falls short. But the celebrity interviews are fun, and Jimmy seems much better at them, good at improvising off the top of his head rather than pre-written jokes. He's good at the friendly banter, and pretty dang charming at the same time, too. And yeah, a little awkward. But I think that's more his personality than jitters. Maybe it's an acquired taste. But I think I'm in love...

Here's my favorite part from last night's episode:

1 comment:

Barney Family said...

I totally know what you're talking about!! I was JUST THINKING to myself last week during his monologue, "this guy is not very good!" when suddenly he did a bit where he and his band leader sing about the news--that night specifically about AIG. Oh, I thought I was going to pee my pants. It was so funny and his band leader's voice was SO sexy! You don't think you could find that and post it, do you?